Californians on edge over renewed shutdown over coronavirus fears

0
73
Advertisment


Californians turn on one another as coronavirus shuts down the state for a second time

California residents are taking their anger out against each other as a surge of coronavirus cases has forced the state to resume shutdowns. Some residents have become frustrated that not enough people are taking the virus seriously, while others are angered by the state’s response and its impact on small businesses.

For months, residents directed their anger toward Gov. Gavin Newsom and other state health officials for shutting down businesses in an effort to contain the viruses’ spread. Pockets of protests emerged throughout the state as the financial effects began to hit home.

Businesses garnered some relief last month when the state permitted gradual reopenings while restrictions remained in place. However, once people were freed from strict restrictions and from being cooped up at home, they began flouting social distancing rules, refusing to wear masks when attending family dinners and outdoor parties, reports said.

Earlier this month, a surge in the number of cases began, leading to Newsom’s announcement barring all bar openings and suspending indoor activities at all restaurants, wineries, tasting rooms, family entertainment centers, zoos, museums, and card rooms. Click here for more on our top story.

Other related developments:
– California pastor rips Newsom’s worship lockdown: ‘Churches are not the problem’
– California barber vows to defy state’s latest coronavirus shutdown: ‘We’re not gonna live in fear’
– Newsom orders closure of indoor activities across California as coronavirus cases increase
– Los Angeles, San Diego schools to resume online classes in fall due to jump in coronavirus cases

Navy launches investigation after fire aboard USS Bonhomme Richard is extinguished

After four days of uncontrolled burning before firefighters could bring it under control, the fire that engulfed the amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard was contained Thursday, prompting a Navy investigation on the ship while it was in port.

The ship sustained extensive damage, including to its skin, officials said. While firefighters battled the blaze, the 40,000-ton ship listed toward both its port and starboard sides, the Navy said, likely due to the massive quantities of water that poured into the hull.

Following a walkthrough of the ship on Thursday, the Navy announced it would begin the investigation to determine how the fire ignited and whether the ship can even be saved. CLICK HERE FOR MORE

Other related developments:
– Navy says fire has been put out aboard USS Bonhomme Richard in San Diego
– 21 injured after explosion and fire breaks out on USS Bonhomme Richard at Naval Base San Diego

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

TODAY’S MUST-READS:
– Biden tweets that Obama WH left Trump ‘playbook’ on pandemics, Grenell responds
– 15 female ex-Redskins employees allege sexual harassment, bombshell report says
– CNN’s Jim Acosta blasted for taking Kayleigh McEnany out of context in viral tweet
– Slain Illinois boy, 5, tells mother ‘I don’t ever see you again’ in heartbreaking tape heard at mom’s murder trial
– Georgia Gov. Kemp sues Atlanta to block mandatory mask rule, saying local leaders want to ‘undermine economic growth’

THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS
– British Airways retires entire fleet of Boeing’s jumbo jets
– Twitter says about 130 accounts were targeted in cyberattack this week
– T-Mobile kicks off new merger with robocall killer

#TheFlashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”

SOME PARTING WORDS

Sean Hannity despairs about Portland’s riot and demonstrations and how they are turning the liberal city into a virtual disaster area, saying the Oregon city “looks like a war zone” after months of demonstrations.

Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.

Click here to find out what’s on Fox News, Fox Business, and Fox News Radio today! 

Fox News First is compiled by Fox News’ Bryan Robinson. This edition was produced by Jack Durschlag. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning!

Stay safe, stay healthy, and try to stay positive — we’ll get through these hard times together. Have a great weekend. See you in your inbox first thing Monday morning.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here